The Hip Flexion (Band) Exercise is a great way to build stabilising strength and mobility in your hip flexors while challenging your balance.
The Hip Flexion (Band) Exercise forms part of the Golf Stability series of innovative and dynamic exercises that will build stability in your joints and core for better consistency and ball-striking.
This exercise requires a resistance band or tubing. Alternatively, you could use a cable machine.
- Start by standing in perfect posture, balanced on your left foot, your knee slightly bent, with a resistance band attached to your right ankle and anchored to the ground behind you.
- Lift your right knee up in front of you.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Repeat on the other side.
Keep your back flat, your shoulder blades pulled back and down, and your abdominal muscles engaged throughout.
You should feel it working your hips as you fight to keep your balance.
If you have any questions or comments about this or other articles on Golf Loopy, please send us an email.
You May Also Like…
Golf Performance Programmes – the most effective golf-specific fitness regimens on the planet, guaranteed to make you a better golfer!
There are a number of other golf-specific stability exercises in the Golf Loopy Train like a Champion System.
Introduction to the Swing like a Champion System.
Golf Anatomy and Kinesiology, a collection of articles describing the roles of the muscles involved in the golf swing.
» Train like a Champion home page.