The V-Sit Exercise is great for increasing and maintaining mobility in your core.
The V-Sit Exercise forms part of the Golf Mobility series of innovative and dynamic exercises that will help to improve your joint and muscle mobility, improving your range of motion while increasing functional strength within the entire range of that motion – thus helping to prevent injuries and building the foundation for a consistent, accurate, and powerful golf swing.
Figure 1. V-Sit Exercise Video.
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs together, knees bent and heels on the floor.
- Hold your arms straight out in front of you, and lean back slightly until you feel your abdominal muscles contract.
- Rotate your torso to reach back behind you with your left arm.
- Contract your obliques on your right side to pull you back to the starting position, then repeat on the other side.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions on each side.
Keep your back straight and your abdominal muscles engaged.
Keep your shoulder blades pulled down and back throughout.
Keep your head in a neutral position, allowing it to turn with your torso.
You May Also Like…