The Band Triceps Extension Exercise is a great way to build strength and stability in your triceps and the backs of your shoulders.
The Band Triceps Extension Exercise forms part of the Golf Strength and Endurance series of innovative and dynamic exercises that are designed to efficiently increase your stabilising strength – supporting proper body alignment, movement patterns, and energy transfer within the golf swing, and helping to prevent injuries.
This exercise requires a resistance band or tubing. Alternatively, you could use a cable machine.
- Start by standing, your knees slightly bent, holding a resistance band in your left hand that is anchored above you to your right, with your left elbow fully bent.
- Pull your left hand down, by straightening your elbow until your arms is straight, as you keep your torso and left upper arm still.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Repeat on the other side.
Try not to move any part of your body except the lower part of the arm that is working.
Keep your back flat, your shoulder blades pulled back and down, and your abdominal muscles engaged throughout.
If you have any questions or comments about this or other articles on Golf Loopy, please send us an email.
You May Also Like…
Golf Performance Programmes – the most effective golf-specific fitness regimens on the planet, guaranteed to make you a better golfer!
Golf Anatomy and Kinesiology, a collection of articles describing the roles of the muscles involved in the golf swing.