The Drop Step Squat Exercise is a great way to develop the flexibility of your inner thighs.
The Drop Step Squat Exercise forms part of the Golf Stability series of innovative and dynamic exercises that will build stability in your joints and core for better consistency and ball-striking.
- Start by standing in perfect posture with your feet pointing forwards.
- Open your right hip by stepping back, pivoting on your left foot, and rotating out your feet until the end of their range of motion is reached.
- Squat down into a comfortable stretch, your thighs about parallel to the floor.
- Push back up by extending your knees and hips.
- Return to the initial position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions on one side, before switching and repeating on your other side.
Keep your torso erect and your abdominal muscles engaged. Do not let your knees sway in. Keep your body weight centred over the heel and mid-foot. Keep your heels in contact with the floor throughout the squat.
You should feel it stretching the inside of both thighs.
There are a number of other squat exercises in the Golf Loopy Train like a Champion System that offer a variety of challenges, you can see them all by clicking here.
If you have any questions or comments about this or other articles on Golf Loopy, please send us an email.
You May Also Like…
Golf Performance Programmes – the most effective golf-specific fitness regimens on the planet, guaranteed to make you a better golfer!
There are a number of other golf-specific stability exercises in the Golf Loopy Train like a Champion System.
Introduction to the Swing like a Champion System.
Golf Anatomy and Kinesiology, a collection of articles describing the roles of the muscles involved in the golf swing.
» Train like a Champion home page.