The Straight Leg March Exercise is a great way to stretch your hamstrings and lower legs as part of your warm-up routine.
The Straight Leg March Exercise forms part of the Golf Movement Preparation series of innovative and dynamic exercises that will increase your core temperature, prepare your nervous system for performing the golf swing, and strengthen your body.
Figure 1. Straight Leg March Exercise Video.
- Start by standing tall in perfect posture.
- Lift your straight right leg in front of your body as you swing your left arm forwards
- Step forwards by pulling your heel back down to the ground under your hip.
- Repeat with your other leg.
- Continue for the desired number of repetitions with each leg.
Keep both legs straight and your toes pulled towards your shins.
Keep your back straight, your chest up, and your abdominal muscles engaged to stabilise your spine.
You should feel it stretching your hamstrings.
If you have any questions or comments about this or other articles on Golf Loopy, please send us an email.
You May Also Like…
Golf Performance Programmes – the most effective golf-specific fitness regimens on the planet, guaranteed to make you a better golfer!
The Golf Loopy Perfect Warm Up, an exercise routine that has been scientifically designed to prepare your mind and body for playing golf to the best of your ability in just 7 minutes.
Golf Anatomy and Kinesiology, a collection of articles describing the roles of the muscles involved in the golf swing.