Keeping your wrists soft and relaxed during the golf swing is crucial for generating club head speed. The Forearm Stretch Exercise is a great stretch that will prepare the muscles and tendons of your forearms and wrists before you play golf, hit the practice range, or undertake other physical exercise. It can also be performed after playing golf to maintain mobility, alleviate soreness and make your muscles feel better.
The Forearm Stretch Exercise forms part of the Golf Recovery & Regeneration series of innovative and dynamic exercises that will help to improve the health and quality of your muscle tissues and joints, helping you to perform better on and off the course.
The Forearm Stretch Exercise is a component of the Golf Loopy Perfect Warm Up, an exercise routine that has been scientifically designed to prepare your mind and body for playing golf to the best of your ability in just 7 minutes.
- Start by standing tall in good posture, your abdominal muscles engaged and your chest up.
- With your arms slightly extended in front of you, your right palm facing up, place your left hand on top of your right and grasp the fingers of your right hand.
- Actively extend your right wrist, pulling with the back of your right forearm, and gently pulling down on the fingers of your right hand with your left.
- Hold for 1 deep breath, in and out, and then relax.
- Return to the starting position, switch hands and repeat.
Stand tall, in good posture, throughout. Feel the stretch in tour wrist and forearm.
Perform this exercise for 15 seconds as part of the Golf Loopy Perfect Warm Up routine. Combine it with the Wrist Stretch Exercise for a great wrist and forearm stretch.
If you have any questions or comments about this or other articles on Golf Loopy, please send us an email.
You May Also Like…
Golf Performance Programmes – the most effective golf-specific fitness regimens on the planet, guaranteed to make you a better golfer!
There are a number of other golf-specific recovery and regeneration exercises in the Golf Loopy Train like a Champion System.
The Golf Loopy Perfect Warm Up, an exercise routine that has been scientifically designed to prepare your mind and body for playing golf to the best of your ability in just 7 minutes.
Introduction to the Swing like a Champion System.
Golf Anatomy and Kinesiology, a collection of articles describing the roles of the muscles involved in the golf swing.
» Train like a Champion home page.