The Total Body Extension Exercise is a great way to work your whole body and increase your core temperature as part of your warm-up routine.
This is the perfect non-impact replacement for jumping exercises.
The Total Body Extension Exercise forms part of the Golf Movement Preparation series of innovative and dynamic exercises that will increase your core temperature, prepare your nervous system for performing the golf swing, and strengthen your body.
Figure 1. Total Body Extension Exercise Video.
- Start by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Dip down quickly, dropping your hips back and down into a quarter squat, as you swing your arms down behind you.
- Explode back up onto your toes as you extend through your body, raising your arms above your head.
- In one fluid movement, control the descent back down and return to the dip before exploding back up again.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
You should feel it working your whole body.
If you have any questions or comments about this or other articles on Golf Loopy, please send us an email.
You May Also Like…
Golf Performance Programmes – the most effective golf-specific fitness regimens on the planet, guaranteed to make you a better golfer!
The Golf Loopy Perfect Warm Up, an exercise routine that has been scientifically designed to prepare your mind and body for playing golf to the best of your ability in just 7 minutes.
Golf Anatomy and Kinesiology, a collection of articles describing the roles of the muscles involved in the golf swing.